The benefits of membership include:
- Access to information on the latest technologies, equipment, and current practices via subscription to the VRA Listserv.
- Subscription to the VRA Bulletin and discounts on selected Association publications.
- Registration discount for the annual national VRA conference, with programming on image management, copyright issues, standards, cataloging and classification, metadata, digital imaging technology, Web design, preservation of image quality, and educational opportunities.
- Opportunity to participate on committees, advisory groups, and task forces.
- Vote in VRA elections and eligibility to run for office on the VRA Executive Board.
- Eligibility for enrollment in one or more of the regional VRA chapters (chapter bylaws allowing).
- Continuing education opportunities, including VRA member-discounted events, workshops, and institutes (including the Summer Educational Institute for Visual Resources and Image Management, a joint program of the VRA Foundation and the VRA).
- Listing in and access to the online Membership Directory.
- Access to the Members Only section of the VRA Web site.
- Mentor program for new members.
VRA has an active print and online publication program.
- VRA Bulletin
- Cataloguing Cultural Objects: A Guide to Describing Cultural Works and Their Images
- Advocating for Visual Resources Management
- Criteria for the Hiring and Retention of Visual Resources Professionals (currently being updated)
To become a VRA member join here