The Committee is responsible for:
- Assisting the Treasurer in maintaining surveillance over the funds and investments of the Association with the goal of steadily increasing the assets while providing funds.
- Ensuring that the Association maintains a reserve fund equal to 6 months of current operating expenses.
- Reviewing and revising, at least annually, the Association’s strategy for
long-term financial growth, and advising the Treasurer and the Board about
best business and operating practices for non-profit organizations.
- Investigating for the Treasurer investment vehicles for the Association; the Treasurer will submit the recommendations of the committee to the Executive Board for approval.
- Working with the Development Committee to ensure that funds raised by that Committee are appropriately allotted or invested.
- Ensuring that the Investment Policy and the Treasurer’s Manual are reviewed and updated regularly.
Jeannine Keefer, University of Richmond
Maureen Burns, IMAGinED Consulting
Billy Kwan, NY School of Interior Design
Jolene de Verges, Southern Methodist University
Allan T. Kohl, Minneapolis College of Art & Design
VRA Executive Board Liaison: